Infectious disease and general medicine specialist
About Ashwin Sen:
I am a London-based doctor, currently completing my specialty training at University College London Hospital and the Hospital for Tropical Diseases. My wife being Irish, we plan to relocate to Dublin within the year. I have proficiency in all types of infectious diseases and complexity in general medicine.
My particular area of interest is infection in the returning traveller, with proficiency in management of High Consequence Infectious Diseases (an area that is likely to expand in Dublin, as the city continues to attract an increasing international workforce). This includes coordination of outbreak response and training staff to feel safe and competent.
I am a highly trained educator, with expertise in simulation and human factors and an already developed leader, including taking the role of Chief Registrar in my final year of training. I am exploring ways to apply research methods to evaluate human factors approaches to healthcare.
I am happy to consider jobs in my specialties of infectious diseases and/or general internal medicine.
- Pride myself in excellent clinical acumen, underpinned by experience, compassion and evidence-based medicine.
- Foster a collaborative relationship with my patients and believe in co-production when developing our services.
- Dynamic and hard-working, I am flexible and able to efficiently adapt to work in all environments. This is facilitated by a personable communication style.
- Innovative and caring leader, who leads by example. Improving our services should prioritise wellbeing of our patients, but also that of our staff.
- Highly trained, enthusiastic and skilled educator, with expertise in simulation.
- Evolving ways to improve healthcare with a systems or human factors approach.
- Promoting a civil, just and restorative culture in my organization.
- ‘Chief registrar’ during my final year of training.
- My clinical area of interest is infection in the returning traveller, with proficiency in management of High Consequence Infectious Diseases. This includes coordination of outbreak response and training staff to feel safe and competent.
- Expertise in managing infections in all medical settings. Including infection prevention and control, antimicrobial stewardship, intensive care, peri-operative, obstetrics and paediatrics, immunocompromised (including HIV and haemato-oncology), tropical and travel medicine.
- Efficient, yet holistic, approach to managing general medical complaints of all complexities, both for in- and out-patients.
- Extensive experience in coordinating and developing services to prevent hospital admission, including Hospital at Home, Virtual Ward, Ambulatory Care, Rapid Access Clinics and Outpatient Parenteral Antimicrobial Therapy.
Education, Leadership and Research
- Always looking for ways to support my team daily; whether providing clinical support, mentoring, or making time to debrief and reflect.
- Committed to training students and colleagues, throughout our multidisciplinary team. My expertise is in improving confidence and competence, while reducing human error, through simulation education.
- Developing ways to improve healthcare with a systems or human factors approach. Thoroughly understanding all the variables and stakeholders that affect our complex work system is key. Being inclusive in this way, we can understand what change is likely to be effective and our teams will have the motivation to sustainably deliver what is proposed.
- Exploring ways to apply research methods to evaluate human factors in improving healthcare systems
MBBS: UCL medical school
BSc Physiology and pharmacology: UCL
DTMH: London school of Hygiene and Tropical medicine
PG cert Medical education: Dundee university
Professionals in the same Healthcare sector as Ashwin Sen
Professionals from different sectors near Dublin, Dublin City
Jobs near Dublin, Dublin City
THE TEAM · The Tax team works cross-functionally with Executive leaders and frontline managers across Eventbrite to provide support for global business initiatives. As an action-oriented and practica ...
JobContax County Louth, Ireland Full time
Are you a QA Validation Specialist with 3+ years experience working in a Biologics or similar GMP environment as part of an engineering, technical services or operations function? · This is a contract ...
Euro Executive Recruitment Dublin, Ireland
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by its client to recruit a Mechanical Piping Supervisor for a large Data Center project in Dublin. This is a permanent role with a large Mechanical Contrac ...