Found in: Neuvoo IE
Genuity Science is a company based in Dublin, Boston and Reykjavic, leading a large-scale research programme on genetics, health and disease. Our vision is to become a global Center of Excellence for ’omics by understanding diseases of genetic origin through analysis and interpretation of the human genome empowered with rich medical and lifestyle data.
Purpose of the position
We are enlarging our bioinformatics team (GBT) that could be based in Dublin or Boston. You will be analyzing our datasets in diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis, Liver disease, Severe Asthma and Diabetes, using population genetics to increase the power of biomedical discovery. We have a team of cognitively diverse people, that feed off each other to find Genuity’s analytical solutions, and you will be part of this group to find the best solutions for our analytical suits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The bulk of your work would be analyzing large genomic datasets, focusing on a specific disease and you will be integrated in an analysis group, with other scientists.
- Our team is also involved in the development and validation of Bioinformatics methods, namely working with Software Development teams to implement those methods at scale.
- Another part of your role will be to assist Genuity Sciences GS Purpose-built analytical suite, namely GOR and Sequence Miner.
- You would be interacting with multiple internal scientists in scientific projects, and with external partners in analyzing our data.
- For this role our expectation is that you would know how to extract biological information from Genomics datasets, namely WGS, RNA-seq, and using phenotype information for advancing possible drug targets.
- We would expect you to deeply understand the concepts behind common and rare variant analysis, fine mapping, epistasis and network analysis.
- An understanding of the population genomics methods and literature would also be expected, namely the impact that datasets such as the 1,000 Genomes Project and the UK BioBank have brought to the field.
- The tools that we use at GS include ’Omic packages such as PLINK, Sentieon, GATK, vcfTools, SAIGE, SKAT-O, finemapping, PI, Post-Gap.
- We would expect you to have to have a general understanding of them and to have used some of them very extensively.
- We use R and Python as use general purpose languages. We are also using Machine Learning for several projects.
- Characteristics that we are seeking in all the candidates. You are a team player, happy to communicate and to provide and receive feedback.
- You are able to propose new directions for our analysis based on the most current literature. You are willing to learn new tools. For instance all our work is on AWS; you might not be an expert in AWS but you need to ready to learn those tools.
- You know that scientific discoveries are non-linear and you'd have the resilience to persist to find a solution.
Genuity Science is proud to be a diverse company of very talented people. We are a team composed of several ethnic origins. GS offers a great work balance environment, a competitive salary with stock options, and several benefits such as health care. If you want to make an impact in patients lives through genomics scientific knowledge we believe we are one of the top places in the world to do so.
calendar_today3 days ago
work Genuity Science