Civil Engineer (BB-F015F)
Found in: Jooble IE
AECOM are a leading global consultancy with over 650 multi-disciplinary professionals based in Ireland, supported by an integrated network of over 60,000 experts around the world. AECOM's growing Water Infrastructure Team in Cork are looking for a highly-driven Civil Engineer.
As Civil Engineer (water and wastewater background), you will undertake tasks relating to network and treatment projects, supporting the growing Water Infrastructure Team in Cork.
You will join an established team, working on a range of infrastructure projects for key water-sector
This role will see you play a key part in supporting our water sector clients.
- Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Responsible for the preparation and successful completion of project deliverables.
- Produces technical calculations to high standards of quality using current computer software.
- Prepares technical specifications.
- Reviews work produced by others to ensure timely and accurate results.
- Ensures compliance of design with all applicable standards and regulations, providing the seal and signature of the professional engineer when required by statute or contract.
- Provides technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytical studies and analyses.
- Conducts surveys, studies, site investigations.
- Provides field support for construction activities, particularly in conducting site visits, meeting with contractors, etc.
- Preparation of project-specific safety, health, and environment documents.
- Assists in the preparation of proposals to win future work.
- Helps determine budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule. May assist Section Supervisors with other administrative and technical duties.
- Experience in civil engineering design
- Knowledge of water, wastewater, flood risk and highways drainage projects
- Experience of working on water engineering or similar civil engineering projects
- Excellent working knowledge of AUTOCAD, including Civil3D.
- Personal development plan to achieve Chartered Status. AECOM is an Engineers Ireland CPD accredited employer and actively encourages and supports staff in achieving chartership
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel & Access.
- Previous Engineering Consultancy and/or site experience
- Membership of Engineers Ireland, ICE, CIWEN or other recognized professional institutions
- Working knowledge of FIDIC, NEC or Public Works Contracts preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or similar.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements through our Freedom to Grow way of working. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle and circumstances.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
calendar_today1 day ago