EHS Manager (BB-1B8BF)
Found in: Jooble IE
Description:Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager
I am currently sourcing for a permanent EHS Manager to lead my clients EHS function in Dublin. This position will report to the Director of Global EHS and will have a dotted line to Senior Director Finished Goods Ireland.
Key responsibilities would include (but are not limited to):
As an EHS Manager you will manage the Environment, Health and Safety Function sitewide, ensuring compliance with all regulatory legislation and global requirements, and to represent and/or participate in Global EHS activities as appropriate.
You will work with the local Global Product Supply organisation in Dublin to ensure optimal EHS procedures and systems are in place.
· Overhead budget and capital budget preparation and control
· Manpower planning, training and staff development
· Participation in relevant local Management meetings/forums
· Lead and participate in site improvement initiatives including LEAN - focusing on system improvements, and waste reduction, including energy/water saving.
· The EHS Manager will be a business partner to the other members of the Management Team and will share responsibility for the delivery of the site goals and targets.
· Ensure that necessary human and technical resources are in place to provide an efficient and effective EHS service to the business units and other site operations.
· You will be responsible to recruit and train staff when appropriate. You will also be responsible for the performance management of your direct reports.
· Regular communication of EHS issues, performance and awareness to staff (e.g GEMBA meetings, Management Meetings, Core Briefs, company News, All in Dublin Meetings etc.).
· Pro-actively driving improved safety culture on site through training, awareness and communication.
· Monitor and facilitate local safety team meetings and provide EHS technical support to the business units as required.
Environment, Health and Safety in Dublin
· Management of the company's EHS programme ensuring site-wide compliance with EHS legislation.
· Establishing and achieving goals and objectives for the Department.
· Promote a culture on-site to make employees more aware of their joint responsibility in achieving health and safety.
· Promote environmental culture improvements in relation to energy, water and waste reduction site-wide, and create increased awareness of regulatory requirements through training and presentations.
· Facilitate inspections by Regulatory Authorities (e.g. HSA, DNV ) in relation to achieving and maintaining certification (e.g. ISO14001, ISO 50001 and OHSAS 18001).
· Reporting on deficiencies raised during inspections.
· Ensuring that corrective action commitments are met within agreed time scales.
· Ensuring that Self-inspections are performed as required.
Master Document Approval:
· Approval of local EHS procedures, ensuring compliance with Global EHS procedures, group policies and local legislation.
Group Participation in EHS:
· Formulation and implementation of Group EHS Policies and Group Guidelines.
· Providing EHS support for Global EHS.
· Reporting on EHS KPI's and progress on goals to Global EHS through monthly reports.
· Member of Global EHS Management Team.
· Participation in Group EHS Meetings.
· Participation in Group Self-Inspections and regulatory inspections.
What you need to succeed:
· Third level qualification Degree (or higher) in Engineering or Science and/or relevant qualifications in Environment, Health and Safety.
· Meet the "competent person" requirements as detailed in the H&S legislation.
· In depth knowledge of the HSE legal and regulatory aspects.
· A minimum of five years' experience in a EHS Management role in a multi-national manufacturing organisation is essential.
Behaviours & compentencies:
· Excellent communication skills at organisation, team and individual level.
· Must have excellent written & verbal skills.
· Team oriented & has a collaborative working style.
· Fast-acting - including an ability to quickly understand and evaluate complex issues and make decisions based on the analysis.
· Self-driven with a strategic mindset.
· Passionate about EHS, achieving excellence and driving continuous improvement.
· Ability to challenge and significantly improve existing procedures and develops new high-level procedures.
· Results driven and has the ability to handle complexity and multiple priorities.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists
calendar_today4 days ago