secondary economics teacher - aug 2021 - qingdao (BB-06F6A)
Found in: Jooble IE
Secondary Economics Teacher
Start Date: August 2021
Region: Far East and South East Asia
School Curriculum: UK to IGCSE, then A-levels/IBDP
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Backed by a leading independent British school that dates back to 1865, this Y9-12 boarding school opened its doors in 2012 and now has more than 500 students. Students at the school take IGCSEs followed by either A-levels or the IBDP. There is a strong focus on developing holistic leaders of the future who are internationally minded and independent thinkers. The campus is built on around 50 acres, which, alongside extensive teaching and boarding facilities, also includes an indoor swimming pool, a large fitness suite, a very well equipped visual and performing arts centre, third generation Astroturf and outdoor barbecue area. The famous Laoshan mountains, birthplace of Taoism and the source of Laoshan spring water, form a backdrop to the campus.
Living and Working in Qingdao
The school is on a purpose built campus on the edge of the city with lovely rural views and is only 20 minutes away from the international airport. Qingdao is one of the most affluent and fastest growing cities in China and in 2009 the city was deemed the most liveable in China. It is is a major seaport in Shandong Province looking out over the Yellow Sea, an hour's flight time from Beijing, Shanghai and Seoul. It has a rich heritage and a temperate climate. It is one of the most affluent and fastest growing cities in China.
- 2 years post qualifying teaching experience.
- The school follows the England and Wales curriculum and therefore UK trained teachers are preferred.
- Teachers who have previously taught internationally or have worked with EAL students in the past are particularly welcome to apply.
- Prior experience working in a full boarding school is desirable.
- A commitment to the holistic development of students through involvement in co-curricular and pastoral activities, contributing fully to the academic, co-curricular and pastoral provision, and life in boarding houses where applicable.
- Respect for the different experiences, ideas and cultural perspectives that are at the heart of an international school as well as the ability to adjust to a new cultural environment
- The ability to establish good working relationships with a wide range of people including students, parents, and colleagues.
Salary and Benefits
- Highly attractive package with salary scales based on qualifications and experience and in line with UK salaries.
- Tax free salaries - tax is paid by the school.
- Furnished accommodation on campus provided
- Meals provided during term time
- Annual flights
- Medical cover
- 2 year contract
calendar_today2 days ago