Senior Software Application Engineer (BB-C871D)
Found in: Jooble IE
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
About the Team
Join a team of talented, dynamic and passionate software engineers, working with key architects, product managers, and other stakeholders delivering a new generation of on-demand Enterprise solutions designed to meet the needs of today's global businesses. The team’s overall goal will be to accelerate the delivery of features in an agile environment while safeguarding the high quality our customers expect from Workday applications.
Workday is unique in that it builds enterprise software in the cloud on a single codeline through a continuous development model allowing for rapid delivery of our software to our customers.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines, be passionate about building high quality enterprise applications and be innovative in their ideas from a technical, process and relations point of view.
About the role:
- Solve challenging problems in an Application related to performance, scalability, and resilience
- Design and develop an OO product in a metadata-driven development environment
- Write and maintain SOLID, robust, efficient and maintainable code using an OO framework and tools
- Write reliable unit, integration, and system level tests that will run on our CD pipeline.
- Understand and promote industry best practice.
- Mentor and learn from other team members through pairing, code reviews, knowledge shares, hackathons, etc.
- You see software development as a team activity, and thrive in a highly collaborative, agile culture where you’re always teaching and learning.
- You have 8+ years experience designing performant, scalable and resilient applications.
- You understand the value of automated tests at all levels of the testing pyramid.
- You have a strong desire to learn and continuously improve your craft.
- You have experience with influencing the technical decisions made by a team.
- You are a problem solver who is motivated by successfully shipping new features to production.
- You have familiarity with, or a willingness to design, build, test, and monitor a service in production.
At Workday, we believe every potential recruit brings value to the table. Believe you are missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and are happy to teach. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, apply and see what we are all about.
calendar_today6 days ago