Occupational Therapist (BB-2E256)
Found in: Talent IE
Description:THE BACKGROUND :
At TTM Healthcare we are proud to have partnered with HSE Longford Westmeath Occupational Therapy Services.
Longford Westmeath Occupational Therapy Services provide services to the people of Longford and Westmeath who through illness or disability are in need of support or changes to their lifestyle. They have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Grade OT for a 4-month Locum contract initially, with scope for possible extension, to work in their Older Persons Mental Health unit in Mullingar.
If you think the position is right for you, let's talk.
The overall responsibility within this role;
• Be responsible for assessment, planning, implementation and review of treatment / intervention programmes for service users according to service standards.
• Manage own caseload in accordance with the needs of the post
• Collaborate with service users, family, carers and other staff in treatment / intervention planning and in the provision of support and advice.
• Plan discharge or transition of the service user between services as appropriate
• Document all assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, reports and discharge summaries in accordance with local service and professional standards.
• Communicate verbally and / or in writing results of assessments, treatment / intervention programmes and recommendations to the team and relevant others in accordance with service policy.
• Participate in teams as appropriate, communicating and working in co-operation with other team members.
• Attend clinics, review meetings, team meetings, case conferences, ward rounds etc. as designated by Senior Occupational Therapist / Occupational Therapist Manager.
• Arrange and carry out duties in a timely manner within settings appropriate to service users needs and in line with local policy / guidelines.
• Maintain quality standards of practice and participate in quality assurance and clinical audit as appropriate.
• Seek advice and assistance from his / her supervisor / manager with any assigned cases or issues that prove to be beyond the scope of his / her professional competence in line with principles of best practice and clinical governance.
• Maintain professional standards in relation to confidentiality, ethics and legislation
• Operate within the scope of Irish Occupational Therapy practice and in accordance with local guidelines
• Participate in mandatory training programmes
• Participate in continuing professional development including in-service training, attending and presenting at conferences / courses relevant to practice, promoting and contributing to research etc. as agreed with the Occupational Therapist Manager.
• Engage in support / supervision with Senior Occupational Therapist / Occupational Therapist Manager and participate in performance review.
• Participate in the practice education of student therapists. Actively participate in teaching / training / supervision of other Occupational Therapy and non-Occupational Therapy staff / students and attend practice educator courses as appropriate.
• Work in a safe manner with due care and attention to the safety of self and others
• Implement agreed policies, procedures and safe professional practice by adhering to relevant legislation, regulations and standards
• Be aware of risk management issues, identify risks and take appropriate action
• Document appropriately and report any near misses, hazards and accidents and bring them to the attention of the relevant person(s).
• Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the role for example, Standards for Healthcare, National Standards for the Prevention and Control of Healthcare Associated Infections, Hygiene Standards etc.
• Support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
• Comply with department procedures with regard to assessment, recommendation and provision of all assistive equipment / custom made devices.
• Keep up-to-date statistics and other administrative records as required within the Occupational Therapy department.
• Participate in the establishment and maintenance of standards for quality improvement and adhere to existing standards and policies.
• Assist in the organisation, maintenance and / or ordering of equipment and materials used in assessment and treatment.
• Contribute to the planning and development of the Occupational Therapy Service and participate in service improvements.
To be eligible for the role, you will need:
• A recognised qualification as an Occupational Therapist.
• Full CORU registration.
• Ability to adapt to changing work environment.
• Professional approach to work
• Flexibility in work practice
• Experience in working with this client group is preferable - not essential.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, teamwork and effective caseload management skills.
• Good planning, organisation and effective time management skills together with the ability to work on your own initiative.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
• Market leading rates of pay
• Opportunity to work in an award-winning agency 2002-2018
• Continued personal & professional development
• The opportunity to gain additional experience working with the best employers in the market
• Access to our training department
• Exceptional trainings both internally and externally
• Flexible working hours
• Assistance and detailed review of CV content and format & interview technique if required
• Consultants with knowledge of employment procedures concerning agency workers and compliance to ensure you always receive the most up to date information
calendar_today6 days ago