Product Classification Senior Specialist (BB-B3B34)
Found in: Jooble IE
Requisition ID: 282508
Work Area: Finance
Expected Travel: 0-10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular full time
Career Level: T3/3
Recruiter Name: Marta Csakvari
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Export Control is a central function that is responsible for ensuring SAP’s compliance with applicable export control laws and regulations, including trade sanctions. This team further supports the company in analyzing and meeting export control and sanctions related market requirements and in dealing with customers, partners, authorities and policy makers worldwide.
We are a global team with two core functions, operations and legal. We closely interact with global and local functions in the areas of legal and compliance, security, product development, logistics and other operations functions. Based on technical characteristics and functionalities, SAP items must be classified for export under EU, German and U.S. laws and regulations.
The Export Control Operations Team is looking for a Product Classification Senior Specialist in the EMEA region. This hands-on person enables SAP functions to determine whether a proposed export is permitted under applicable export control laws and whether it is subject to an export license requirement. At the same time, we offer you to:
- Be a subject matter expert and contribute to internal projects
- Be part of a global and diverse team
- Work in an operations and compliance function (export control and data protection)
- Learn about compliance aspects of SAP’s products
- Learn how SAP is dealing with third party products and build-in’s
- Obtain insights to risk management and respective mitigation
- Broaden your network within finance and other functions such as development
- Have fun
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Perform product validation and classification based on EU and US law and regulation
- Validate SAP’s dual-use and/or military goods
- Ensure process adherence including controls and evidence management
- Maintain a professional collaboration with internal and external key stakeholders
- Prepare product classification reports and publish product matrix information
- Contribute to continuous process and tool improvements
- Maintain user documentation and perform internal knowledge transfer
- Contribute to internal projects, e.g. implementation of legal changes and respective adjustments in SAP’s Export Control management systems
- Support other export control members in their day-to-day business activities, especially during peak times (quarter and year end closings)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor/ master’s degree in business and information systems engineering, computer science, international business, foreign trade, software development or equivalent similar education
- Experience in technology utilization at SAP, DB technology, Cloud business, analytics
- Good understanding of SAP Cloud business models
- High quality awareness and process-oriented thinking and acting
- Proven analytical skills and fact-based and emphatic communication style
- Willingness and ability to work in a compliance function to fulfill corporate requirements
- Fluent Business English
- Knowledge or experience in software development concepts, software build processes, or release management (Sirius, PPMS, GitHub)
- Basic conceptual understanding or experience with cryptographic functionality used in software development. i.e., DES, AES, Bouncy Castle, Blowfish, Hashing (MD5) etc.
- Knowledge of import and export laws and applicable regulations
- Experience in foreign trade environment topics and SAP business systems such as SAP GTS, ERP, CRM
- International working experience
- 5+ years’ professional experience; experience in high-tech industry is a plus
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: ******** or ******** , APJ: ******** , EMEA: ******** ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
calendar_today2 days ago