General Operative (BB-AC49E)
Found in: Jooble IE
We are currently looking for a general operative to join our Team in Co. Cork on a Full time basis.
This position is on a split shift basis and the hours are 6am-9am and 2pm-7pm Monday - Friday.
GLS Ireland is a subsidiary of General Logistics Systems B.V. GLS realises reliable, high quality parcel services for over 220,000 customers in Europe, complemented by logistics and express services. Quality Leader in European Parcel Logistics is GLS’ guiding principle, sustainability being one of the core values. Through wholly owned and partner companies, the Group provides network coverage of 37 European States and is globally connected via contractual agreements. 39 central transshipment points and 662 depots are at GLS’s disposal. With its ground based network GLS is one of the leading parcel service providers in Europe.
Vhi Healthcare package
Health and Wellbeing programme
Training and development on ongoing basis
Cycle to work scheme
Gym contribution fee
Tax Saver Public Transport ticket
- To ensure that all parcels receive an inbound scan in the morning shift.
- The warehouse to be kept tidy at all times.
- To support subcontractors during the loading process.
- Report any damaged parcels to the supervisor in charge of the shift.
- Scan all parcels with correct scans to ensure loss prevention is kept at a high standard.
- Undertake cross training on all aspects of the operation.
- Undertake new tasks, in line with business development, as directed by your Line Manager.
- Fork Lift Driving were licensed Ad hoc duties.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communications skills
- Good IT skills (MS Office, Lotus)
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Be able to work in a busy environment to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience in Parcels/Distribution Industry – preferred not necessary
- Import / Export knowledge – preferred not necessary
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Helpful manner
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Team player
calendar_today3 days ago