Oriflame Research & Development April 2010 - at PresentSupervisory skills acquired by coaching formulation chemists. Three direct reports.
• Leading the formulation development and working in a cross-functional team (Marketing,
Safety, Regulatory, Testing, Process, Procurement, Packaging, Supply Chain, Efficacy
Testing) to develop and deliver NPD projects on cost and on agreed timelines.
• Experienced formulation chemist on the development of different types of formulations
(emulsions, SPF products, silicone-based formulations, micro emulsions, oleo- and
hydro-gels, pastes, toiletries, cleansers, toners, hydro alcoholic and aqueous solutions).
• Responsible to ensure that the chemists understand and apply GMP and GLP guidelines in the Skincare laboratory.
• Actively monitoring competitors to capture new technical insights that
feed into the innovation process.
• Managing projects ensuring key milestones are communicated to the team,
establishing risk assessment and contingency plan to deliver project on agreed timelines.
Product Development Chemist and Formulation Manager
Pierre Srl December 2003 - April 2010Leader of laboratory activities in R&D, delivering high quality and profitable products for the
beauty professional market in line with the EU and FDA cosmetic regulations.
• Proven ability in building strong relationships with Raw Material Suppliers and Logistics
department to ensure effective cost/time management within the supply chain.
• Expert of cosmetic product development guidelines compliant with UNI EN ISO 9002 and
UNI EN ISO 14001.
• Developed and delivered pharmaceutical formulations and dermatological, cosmeceutical and mass market product ranges.
• Delivered 6 patents and published 3 scientific papers.
• Guest speaker on Italian National TV’s top scientific show and at International scientific
seminars and congresses.
• Created and delivered lectures and seminars to a broad audience consisting of medical
professionals and students.
• Created and delivered training courses for professional beauticians on Pierre product
Project Management - FETAC Level 6
2013 - 2013
(1 year) Leinster
Principles and Practice of Cosmetic Science Interactive Residential Course
Society of Cosmetic Scientists
2012 - 2012
(1 year) Bournemouth
Post-Graduate Degree in Chemistry and Techniques of Cosmetic Preparations
2005 - 2005
(1 year) Lombardia
MSc Degree in Organic and Pharmaceutical Synthetic Chemistry
University of Bari
2001 - 2003
(2 years) Puglia
BSc Degree in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology