Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin (Ireland). May 2016 - at Present-Awarded with an EDGE-Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowship for the project "Environmentally friendly carbon cathode electrocatalysts for metal-air batteries".
- Project management and direct involvement with suppliers.
- Plasma vapour deposition using DC magnetron sputtering for preparing thin films.
- Hydrothermal methods for preparing carbon composites and metal oxides.
- Modification and functionalisation of carbon materials by chemical and thermal methods.
- Continuous flow synthesis for elaboration of carbon nanomaterials.
- Electrochemical and physico-chemical studies of the above cited materials.
- Teaching experience as senior demonstrator in Physical Chemistry Laboratory courses.
- Supervisor of undergraduate and master students.
Institute of Catalysis and Petrochemistry (ICP-CSIC) (Spain). April 2013 - May 2016- PhD student since November 2013 funded partially by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness
(under grant ENE2013-42322-R) and from CSIC-KAU project (D-006-432).
- Synthesis and preparation of catalysts based on non-precious metals, nitrogen heteroatoms and carbon
materials for the oxygen reduction reaction.
- Experience in synthesis of nanomaterials (carbon nanotubes, graphene, etc.) by using chemical and
- Experience in performing and analysis of PEMFCs and DMFCs.
- Experience in preparation of catalysts and evaluation of performance in microfluidic systems (paper-based
- Supervision of undergraduate and master students.
Soluciones Catalíticas Ibercat S.L. (Spain) August 2012 - December 2012Development of catalysts for renewable energies under request.
Formulation, preparation and study of catalysts for their application in fuel cells, hydrogen production, biofuels and biomass products.